Robin Wilson
July 29th – August 8th 2024
2024-01-15T04:23:28+02:00
Robin Wilson (Australia)

Internationally regarded pedagogue, Dr Robin Wilson is Professor of Violin at the Royal Academy of
Music in London and the Yehudi Menuhin School. He regularly serves on the faculty of the Keshet
Eilon International String Mastercourse in Israel, Valdres Sommersymfoni in Norway and Morningside
Music Bridge at The New England Conservatory in Boston. Previously he has held appointments
as Head of Violin at The Australian National Academy of Music and Lecturer in Violin at the
Sydney Conservatorium of Music, the University of Queensland and The Australian Institute of Music.
Robin is regularly invited to give masterclasses throughout Australasia, Asia, Israel, Europe, UK
and the USA and his students are major prizewinners of international competitions, perform internationally
as soloists and hold principal and tutti positions with many major orchestras.

Robin has performed at major venues and festivals throughout Australia, USA and the UK, is regularly
broadcast on all the major radio stations throughout Australasia, and has released solo and
chamber music recordings on Decca, ABC Classics, Vexations840 and VDE-Gallo. A member of the
acclaimed Ironwood ensemble who have toured internationally, he is a former leader of the ARCO
Chamber Orchestra and member of the Australian Octet, and has appeared as guest violinist with
many leading Australian ensembles. Robin’s research into the performance practice of Brahms’s
music was awarded the prestigious Geiringer Prize from the American Brahms Society and he has
presented lectures and recitals at major institutions throughout the US and UK, including Stanford
and Yale Universities. In 2018 he received a National Award from the Australian String Teachers
Association for outstanding services to the string community in Australia.

Robin studied in Sydney with Alice Waten and Janet Davies, and with James Buswell at the New
England Conservatory of Music in Boston. He plays a violin made by the Gagliano family in Naples
in 1784.

Go to Top